Friday, August 19, 2011

From Tomb to Womb

To die, to rest, relief, release,
End the grief, the anguish, find peace,
Sweet death embalmed in tombs of stone,
Answered secrets, the great unknown,
But close not too tight your coffins door,
The journey is just beginning, much more in store,
For you will learn to walk once more,
I found my death that night, lest i forget,
Became a wraith, a silhouette,
Dawned my mask of  Kain did I,
Cast spear to heart, your turn to die,
Dear brother lay slain, good bye,
Will never be the same, the deed is done,
Let loose the ghosts to have their fun,
Cut the net, no turning back,
The void beckons me away, pitch black,
A familiar place, filled with dread,
Past mistakes, dark roads  retread,
But something has changed, voice in my head,
"Come back to life, you are not dead".
My world, a web of gentle woven lies,
Where i rot and linger, as time flies by,
Yet still i have wings, i cannot deny,
We all do, though most know not why,
No more hiding, free the truth, let it fly,
Its not the darkness in us that we most fear,
Its the light inside, our inner chandelier,
That our true potential always lies so near,
To live encaged in suffering is a choice,
A self policing prison, ignore the voice,
Yet we hold the key that sets us free,
Lingered in my cell too long have I,
I had no choice, I had to die.
And in that long night, a light appears,
Dawn is breaking, day is near,
Light at the end of this tunnel, birth canal?
Leave behind your corpse, filled with shame and scorn,
Yet tomb unsealed, let yourself mourn,
But understand this this truth dear friends,
You have to die, before you can be reborn.

No comments:

Post a Comment